June 11, 2016
Really Good Roasted Vegetables
Salads | Vegetables
DO YOU KNOW SOMEONE WHO WOULD LOVE THIS ARTICLE? SHARE IT!
ingredients for six
600gm jap pumpkin
200gm red onion
200gm red capsicum
60ml olive oil
2tsp salt flakes
½tsp cracked black pepper
2Tbsp balsamic vinegar (white if possible)
80ml extra virgin olive oil
1tsp Dijon mustard
salt and pepper
- Pre-heat oven to 190ºC (with top and bottom element on if possible).
- Peel pumpkin and cut into 2cm chunks.
- Top and tail zucchini. Cut into long quarters down middle lengthways. Cut into 2cm chunks.
- Peel red onion. Cut from top to tail. Cut onion, following natural lines on surface of onion, into 1cm slices.
- Remove stalk and seeds from capsicum. Cut flesh into 2cm pieces.
- Place all vegetables in large bowl. Toss with olive oil and seasoning to coat evenly.
- Line large baking tray with non-stick paper. Tip vegetables onto tray and spread out in single layer.
- Roast for 35 minutes, until vegetables are colouring around the edges.
- Make dressing. Place all ingredients into screw top jar and shake to combine. Set aside at room temperature until serving.
- Remove vegetables from oven and cool for10 to 15 minutes (or allow to cool completely).
- Toss rocket and warm vegetables gently in large bowl with dressing.
- Pile onto serving platter.
- All salt used in our recipes is Murray River Salt Flakes, if using granular salt, cut down amounts accordingly.
- Roast vegetables in single layer. If they are piled on top of one another, they will steam and not roast.
- The brown caramelized tips of the vegetable chunks add to the flavour.
- If pre-preparing salad, store un-dressed vegetables and rocket separately in fridge.
- Remove vegetables from fridge to come to room temperature before adding leaves, dressing and consuming.
- Serve the vegetables, hot as an accompaniment to any roast (without the rocket or dressing).
- Add diced eggplant and carrot to this salad if liked.
- White balsamic is preferable to red as it will not ‘stain’ the vegetables, giving better presentation.