A delightfully easy mid-week, balanced meal loaded with flavour and nutrition.
Twenty minutes maximum in the kitchen and your meal will be on the table!
Kids and grown-up's alike will love this, and so will you if you're the cook in the house. MoT Providore - here to make your life just that bit easier!
INGREDIENTS FOR FOUR (all ingredients available in-store)
Olive oil for frying
Salt and black pepper
500gm chicken mince
300gm fresh tomato sauce (TIP: use La Delizia Lab Tomato Basil Sauce)
125ml whipping cream
60gm grated Parmesan
500gm fresh pasta shape of your choice
1 x small iceberg
1 x large avocado
2Tbsp cooking school vinaigrette
- Place medium frying pan on medium heat.
- Finely chop peeled onion and fry in 1½ tablespoons olive oil. Season with good pinch salt and couple grinds pepper and fry for 7- 10 minutes, until softened and starting to colour.
- Meanwhile, prepare salad. Rip iceberg lettuce into chunks and place in bowl. Chop avocado into chunks and add to lettuce. Cover and place in fridge while completing cooking.
- Remove onion from pan, leaving excess to fry chicken.
- Re-heat frying pan for a minute or so, then add half amount of mince. Fry, seasoning with a big pinch salt and few grinds pepper, for a few minutes, until chicken is cooked through. Remove from pan. Repeat cooking with other batch of chicken. Then replace cooked chicken and onions back to pan.
- While chicken is frying, place large pan of well salted water on to boil.
- Add tomato sauce and cook for a couple of minutes.
- Add cream and bring sauce back to a simmer. Cook for 3 to 4 minutes. Taste for seasoning and adjust as liked.
- While sauce is cooking, add pasta to boiling water. Bring back to the boil as quickly as possible, stirring a couple of times to ensure pasta loosens and doesn’t stick together. Cook for a few minutes, until tender. Strain well.
- Immediately place pasta in serving dish, drizzle with a little olive oil. Spoon chicken and sauce on top and scatter with parmesan cheese.
- Dress salad with vinaigrette and serve alongside pasta.
- I chose La Delizia pappardelle pasta as I like the way the sauce nestles amongst the ribbons and sticks to the surface.
- The salad adds texture in the form of creaminess of the avocado and crispness of iceberg lettuce. It’s simple, yet a great pairing with the pasta and sauce.
- Use free range chicken mince from us or your butcher rather than pre-packaged supermarket mince, as it has more texture.
- Fry sliced mushrooms with onion in frying pan for even more vegetable goodness.
- And/or add a few good handfuls baby spinach leaves to chicken and sauce and briefly wilt before serving.
- Add fresh basil leaves on serving.
- Like a spot of heat? Spoon over Krunchilli condiment at the table for those who do!